HRN is a family-owned business that has over 40 years with experience in agricultural, groundcare and construction machinery sales. We have 7 depots throughout Scotland offering leading brands such as Kubota, Kverneland, Bailey and Bunning.
We are dedicated to investing in our staff and future and it is through this investment that a fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the HRN team. We are actively seeking an experienced Yard & Transport Manager to join our team at our Stirling depot.
As a Yard & Transport Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of the daily running of the yard and transport operations. We require you to have first class leadership skills to lead a team of yard operatives and transport drivers to ensure daily tasks are being completed and performed efficiently to meet customer expectations.
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude – motivating and engaging in your team to get the job complete and succeed.
- Provide day-to-day management of the staff ensuring that they understand their duties for the day, setting targets to staff on what work is to be carried out and completed by the end of day/week.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure items are complete, ready for delivery and efficient time management.
- Complete all reports and administrations task required in a timely manner.
- To manage all distribution activities taking a continuous improvement approach to all operations to ensure a cost-efficient department is maintained and best practice principles are adopted.
- To organise all movements of stock and delivery of goods, ensuring customer expectations are met.
- Promote and monitor Health and Safety and best working practices.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience managing an HGV fleet and excellent knowledge of DVSA standards relating to legal compliance.
- Excellent knowledge of driver’s hours and working time directive regulations.
- A skilled communicator, enabling you to be able to communicate with internal departments.
- Proven ability to manage and develop a team.
- Used to working to challenging deadlines in a time sensitive environment.
- Ability to review and implement new processes to ensure the efficient operation of the department
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Computer literacy is essential for this role.
All government guidelines as a minimum are followed.